Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween everyone! As most of you know, my family LOVES Halloween and we celebrate it BIG in our family. My mom used to love dressing Kim and I alike for costumes and now I do so with my kids. However, it seems like halloween has become a big joke to kids now. I feel like to them it's just another holiday where you get a bunch of candy.
I hate opening my door to trick or treaters and seeing a kid in jeans, a sweatshirt with just a mask on. Umm, hello, that's not dressing up! Since Mason was born, I have ALWAYS dressed him up in actual costumes from head to toe and now I'm doing so with Penelope. I just wish other parents would actually dress their kids up too. It's getting to the point where I may start denying candy to kids who don't put any effort into it to teach them a little lesson.

Another issue I have with halloween now are the females costumes. You can look like a bumblebee without being a total whore, thank you very much. Scott and I went to look at costumes the other day and first off you have to be a extra extra extra small to fit into them and secondly you have to have your vagina, ass, and boobs hanging out to be able to wear them. I am a mother of two children and while I am very confident and have no issue showing a little skin from time to time, I want to be covered when I take my kids trick or treating.
Basically this is what you have to dress as these days;;


Barf bag please. I'm 33 years old, not 18.

But I've already been thinking about Mase's and Nelly's costumes for next year... Here are some of the ideas I've come up with so far; Tell me what you think.



I hope all of you had fun taking your little ones trick or treating and if you're going out tonight, please be safe and remember their are A LOT of people out!


No comments:

Post a Comment