Monday, November 26, 2012

My Thoughts on 16 And Pregnant and Teen Mom

The first time I watched 16 And Pregnant with Maci, Caitlyn, Farrah, and Amber I wasn't quite sure what to think. While I found it intriguing that MTV would create such a show at the same time I was appalled.

I've come to the conclusion that Teen Mom and 16 And Pregnant sort of glorify pregnancy and babies. While it does show teenage moms the true side of pregnancy and children, It also gives these girls a false sense that if they become pregnant, they'll become famous on MTV and make the big bucks. These girls don't stop to think how they'll pay their bills or for a package of diapers. 

I have since then stopped watching the show because I just find it down right revolting. These girls have taken everything for granted. Amber has been in and out of jail and has created a dysfunctional family for her daughter. Farrah is more focused on getting her name out and becoming a household name like Martha Stewart before spending time with her daughter. The day that Farrah posted on twitter saying "I can't believe Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant again. Didn't she learn anything from Teen Mom?" Like back the truck up hunnie, what do I have to learn from Teen Mom?!?!? I am a successful business woman who can afford a house full of children and I'm also now 33 years old, meaning I had my first child when I was 30! I have nothing to learn from you sweetie pie. While I have all respect for Caitlyn, she realized she could not afford to have a child and did the responsible thing. I also like Maci and believe she is a good mother.

I just hope MTV realizes how stupid this show is and stops it. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment