Friday, June 24, 2011

It's not about the money, money. We don't want your money, money.

It was either yesterday or today that I posted a status on my facebook congratulating my friends Mike Fisher and his wife Carrie Underwood on the 400 acres of land they had bought in Tennessee together. If you have heard of Mike and Carrie, you would know that this is the second house they have built together however not by choice. Mike was a hockey player for the Ottawa Senators so Carrie and him built a house together in Ottawa. Mike got transfered to the Nashville Predators though so they were forced to leave their newly built Ottawa home to go and build a home in Nashville. That's not the point though someone commented on my status with a comment that hit me deep and down right pissed me off. I felt it insulted me among many other celebrities. The comment basically said "They should use that land to build a shelter for the homeless. Celebrities should give more and take less" I hate rude comments like that.
Do people not realize that celebrities among non famous people give thousands if not millions of dollars a year to their favorite charities. 
I would just like to share some of the charities/causes I have supported over the years













I don't like when people say, you don't give enough. You don't do enough. Well all I have to say is a big ol' fuck you. I give some of my income every year to all of these organizations. Sure, maybe some celebrities don't but lots do. And there are a thousand more people in this world who are not famous and have lots of money and they don't do shit except blow their money on things they don't need. They're frivolous spenders.

You do not know where the money in my bank account goes too so don't judge me on my house, car, clothes, belongings, ect because my money is actually being put to good use and I manage my money well. I have worked extremely hard to get to where I am and to get the kind of money I do have. I have been stressed most of my life due to my career choice and this next part is going to sound very rude but it's not my fault that you can't donate money to charities... You probably wouldn't donate anyways even if you did have the money.

And let's get another thing straight about money since we're on the topic, DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE YOU MONEY! I have had multiple people send me messages on facebook asking for me to send them money. They give me some sad story and yeah I do read them but honestly, first off the story is probably a lie and you're trying to take advantage of me. Secondly, I would NEVER send a complete stranger money via facebook and thirdly, I can't believe someone would ever ask a celebrity for money. If the story you're sending me is true, then I'm sorry that this is happening to you but I'm afraid I cannot help you out. 

That's all I have to rant about for now...


2 comments:

  1. Powerful story! This what I talk about in my blog. Celebrities that are philanthropists and never receive the credit. I support 3 of the aforementioned causes and many more. I applaud you for writing this and it's pathetic that people ask you for money.You are genuine Kourtney and for that I respect you. People will always have something negative to say if you're doing better than them. I'm a supporter of you and your sisters being successful business women. Do your thing and give the world something to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kourtney Kardashian, all i have to say is that you are a brilliant girl,your blog is well said and i'm with you 100%

    we love you all so much!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete